A sustainable micro-city that is Downtown Dubai
We love Earth, and we’re always looking for ways to be more sustainable.
Being green in our operations
- 50 million litres of water was saved in 2018 (enough to fill 20 Olympic-sized swimming pools).
- 307 tonnes of waste was diverted for recycling last year (as heavy as 43 full-grown African elephants)
- 22 million kWh of electricity was conserved in 2018 (did you know it could power 2,000 homes for 365 days?)
How do we do it?
- Aerators are fitted on all taps in the washrooms and changing rooms near amenities.
- Treated water is used for irrigating lawns, parks, shrubs and green spaces in the community.
- Using IoT and with the help artificial intelligence, our systems kick in to save and conserve energy wherever possible. A typical example is when there are fewer people in common corridors, fan speeds are reduced to conserve energy.
- We’ve switched to LED to save us some AED! Most lights in the community are LEDs owing to its longer life, less heat, better illumination and low operational costs.
- We recycle. Each of our towers have recycling bins stationed in the parking bays to collect plastic, paper and cans. Frequent awareness campaigns ensure that all our residents know and join us in this green movement.
- Motion detectors in our lift lobbies, stairwells and parking levels help us control lighting only when residents are in the vicinity. (P.S. Lights in these zones don’t need to be lit for up to 80% of the day!)
What you can do to make your home sustainable?
- Start by fitting LEDs in all your light fittings.
- Check the five-star energy rating every time you buy electrical appliances for your home. Try to pick more energy-efficient products.
- Turn off the main outlet for devices when you’re not using them. All electrical devices consume phantom power when idle.
- Keep your air conditioning at 24 degrees Celsius for optimal cooling and efficiency.
- Segregate recyclables like paper, plastic bottles and metal cans and drop them in the recycling bins in your parking levels.