Alterations and common repairs
Can I do anything I like with my balcony/terrace?
- Please refer to the Community Rules for more information on this matter.
Where does the money for repairs of common property come from?
- The repair costs and maintenance of common areas is paid for through the Community Service Fee. In cases of vandalism, the person responsible will be issued an NOV and charged for the rectification, if that person can be identified.
There is a burst pipe in my bathroom. Whose responsibility is it to fix it?
- You, as the homeowner, are responsible, unless the pipe services more than your unit, in which case the responsibility reverts to the community manager.
The electricity inside my unit has been cut off. Whose responsibility is it to fix it?
- Any cabling and switch equipment within your unit from and including the unit’s distribution board is the unit owner’s responsibility. The unit owner is also responsible for payment of their own electricity bill. The supply of electricity from the mainline into the building to your unit is the responsibility of the community manager.
I want to carry out some alterations to my property. Do I need to seek permission?
- Yes. Please log on to eservice.emaar.com and log your request.
The water from the shower is not draining away. What shall I do?
- First, contact your maintenance company. In case the blockage proves to be in a common area drain line, contact ECM at email@example.com.
Can I make my own repairs to common property?
- No. Please contact ECM at firstname.lastname@example.org.