Top 10 questions
These FAQs have been put together to provide a quick reference for some of the most common topics you might be interested in knowing about your community.
Do you want to find out about hosting a party in one of the common areas? The first steps in making an alteration to your home? Or perhaps you’d like some information about pets? Scroll through and click on one of the questions/links to get an answer.
Our top 10 questions are based on statistics taken from our customer happiness centre, so hopefully, that’s the best place for you to start looking.
I am a tenant. How can I apply for an access card?
- Tenants are requested to submit proof of tenancy or ownership and valid UAE identification to their building concierge, along with payment by credit/debit card. Please note, for those acting on behalf of a homeowner or tenant, an authorisation letter is also required.
How do I notify the community management about a cleaning or maintenance issue, or if there is any damage to the common areas?
- For urgent matters, please contact community security or call us on 800 EMAAR (36227). For non-urgent issues, the easiest way to tell us by emailing a picture along with your comments and the exact location (building/floor/street) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the issue pertains to structural defects within your premises, you may visit our customer happiness centre located at Emaar Square, Building 2, Ground Floor.
- For accidents or claims, please contact Dubai Municipality on 800 900 or +971 4 221 5555.
There is a maintenance issue within my unit. Whose responsibility is it to fix it?
- There is a Defects Liability Period (DLP) of one year from the handover of the property. If your unit is within DLP, please contact email@example.com
- For all other issues, you may contact the service provider of your choice. You, as the homeowner, are responsible, especially if the Defects Liability Period has already expired.
What do I do if I receive a notice of violation?
- As mentioned in the notice of violation itself, you are required to comply within the time frame specified and ensure that the issue is not repeated in the future.
- You may also contact ECM on 800 EMAAR (36227) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarification you might require.
How do I obtain a move-in permit (MIP)?
- You can submit your request for the MIP by filling out the online form and uploading the required documents. Register or log in to your dashboard to apply.
I want to carry out some alterations to my property. Do I need to seek permission?
- Yes. Please log onto eservice.emaar.com and log your request.
- For all other issues, you may contact the service provider of your choice. You, as the homeowner, are responsible especially if the Defects Liability Period has already expired.
I want to organise a party/barbecue in the common area/park of our community. Do I have to inform anyone? How can I do it?
- The park and other common amenities can be used on a first-come, first-served basis. When using them, kindly ensure the following:
- – The activity does not cause disturbance or hinder the usage of the area for other residents
- – The area is to be used in a careful, considerate manner (with no damage to foliage and/or community assets)
- – The area is to be left clean after use
- – The resident is responsible for the actions of his guests within the community
- – The community rules are adhered to
- Should any complaints from residents be received and verified, security will request the activity to be stopped. Failure to comply will result in a notice of violation being issued.
Is there visitor parking available in my community?
- For information on the availability of visitor parking in your community, please contact your tower reception or the community security office. Kindly note that visitor parking is only for visitors; residents are requested to use their assigned parking bays only.
What is the window cleaning schedule for my tower?
- The window cleaning schedule for your tower is posted on the community noticeboards. For further information, you may write to us at email@example.com.